Pages

Saturday, December 06, 2014

I Can See!


I wanted to use one of the new indigo textiles for a cover on my next journal only the design needed to be scaled down so from a photograph I printed it onto cotton fabric and paper to use instead. So now I still have the fabric to use on a sewing project. 



If you dont know how to print on fabric, it's as simple as ironing your cotton muslin onto freezer paper and then running that through your inkjet printer. I love seeing my images on fabric and have covered several journals this way.


At first I thought the journal was a flop (you can't see how wonky the back cover is) but now I like that it is very imperfect. Perfect things lack soul. Imperfect things are a better reflection of who I am.


Our Christmas camellia is blooming away for the first time in 3 years. It definitely cheers me.


And if you're my Facebook friend you know that my friends and I gathered for Tara Ross' puppet workshop at my house right after Thanksgiving. Thank you Tara for your excellent class and thank you too to DecoArt for supplying the paint for us to use. The paint is gorgeous and we had so much fun!


My 2nd cataract surgery has been completed now and I'm in shock at how clear and bright the world is. I'm making all kinds of plans for the coming year; I feel a new lease on life. 


I'm dreaming of travel now and more teaching and another online class. Probably the online class won't be until early summer though as I have lots going on. What shall I teach? I'm ping-ponging around between Sculpy Dolls and Printmaking. Well and Landscape Abstract Painting. Ha ha. I just love making videos and putting lesson plans together. It's so much work but it makes me feel good, knowing that we can share without the barriers of time and space.

Well, I'm moving pretty slowly this month but do plan to do some painting to share with you. Enjoy the season and I'll see you on the internets. 


9 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

So glad that your beautiful blue eyes are seeing clearly now, Judy! How wonderful to feel that freedom!
Sending wishes of bright and brilliant creative moments to come!
Ps: the puppets are a delight!!!!

huntla1 said...

So glad your peepers are working better than ever! It's good to hear you have a new lease on life and as for online, I'll be there with bells on! Wishing you wonderful holidays miss Judy wise!

Anonymous said...

So happy your surgery went well. Your work as always inspires and brings joy. xox

Kate Fernyhough said...

I saw those puppets on flickr and just loved them!! lovely post, best wishes :)

Seth said...

Love, love, love that journal cover. That indigo is so strong!

Kathy said...

I chuckled at your journal entry about the journal. I have also been known to "sleep on it" and see if it looks better in the morning! BTW, just had my second cataract surgery, as well, and another week or so and the new prescription will be ready. 2014 going down in my book as the year of not being able to see and so happy to have it behind me.

VickiRossArt said...

My Ran-DEE had his eyes done at age 60 and loves not needing corrective lenses now. I'm putting out to the universe that my cataracts don't develop :) so glad you guys can tell such a difference...

VickiRossArt said...

BTW, love that journal cover! I bought some indigo dye kits on sale, but haven't put them to use yet. And the tip about printing on fabric...I just inherited a great inkjet printer from in-laws and can't wait to get some new ink for it! My printer is a color laser and I can't run stuff like that thru it.

Jackie PN said...

Gorgeous Indigo!! And I love those puppets- how much fun!!
So glad to hear your surgery went so well- many blessings~ Judy!