Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Last Minute Packing


Quick post here. I'm packing, looking at a list of things I still want to do before I leave and one of them is to check in with you.

I'm joining several friends to attend Gillian Lee Smith's week long workshop in Scotland.

It's been so long since I did any real drawing that I feel completely out of practice and this will give me a good uninterrupted time to brush up. Plus I am part Scottish on my mother's side and have always wanted to eat in a pub, feel the sea breeze on my skin, and commune with my great great grandmother Margaret who's buried in the Nokomis cemetery after emigrating here.

Meanwhile in the Sculpey Doll class my daughter Shellie produced this doll:

Her doll has the shy gene so that when you try to look at her she holds the book she's reading over her eyes to hide from you. Isn't that the cutest thing ever?

If you want to make a doll with us you can join any time by clicking here. We're having fun on facebook sharing our creations and you can play too.

See you toward the end of the month with pictures of London and Scotland and hopefully some art to share.

Carry on. xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all - I love that you're headed to Scotland to play and learn with Gillian and your art friends - I'm sure it will be a sharing all the way around. #2 I love you're packing of clothes 'list' - so clever, and you! #3 - Shellie's Girl's personality and creation is adorable - creativity clearly runs in your family. Have fun - continue to be real! We'll be here with our dollies!! xoxo

Clare Wassermann said...

Wow you're going to Scotland! I'm going to Wales! I'd love to meet up in London maybe. If not please do have a wonderful time

Kathy said...

The "shy" doll is adorable! Safe trip!